Job offer: CTS Transportation Commissioner’s Assistant
A few words about our company
CTS is a transportation and tour operator providing daily commuter train transportation in the future and starting on April 2, 2020, 3-4 hours long scenic train tours with Luncheons, as well as the Premium Overnight Train Tours once we’re comfortable with the current Schedule.
Our clients are mainly Americans with some international tourists.
If you have the ability to manage your own work time and to self-organize your tasks, if you are looking for a place to grow your passions and skills by assisting the CTS Transportation Commissioner – this may be place for you.
Qualifications & Description of Job:
- CTS Transportation Commissioner’s Assistant will provide support for the Commissioner’s and her proposals to partner railroads
- must be disciplined person with high self-motivation and good secretarial, focus on details, good organizational & writing skills and will type letters and complete research/documentation
- Will relay Commissioner’s proposals to CTS Train Traffic System Controller-Dispatcher, System Controller-Engineer, Warehouse Supervisor, and other staff members.
- Will relay Commissioner’s 3 year service plans to optimize equipment cycles.
- Will relay Commissioner’s proposals to Metrolink, Pacific Surfliner, North County Transit District and Amtrak long distance service to coordinate and optimize 3 year service plans.
- Will relay to partner railroads Commissioner’s strategies with the goal of achieving cost savings, revenue enhancements, and/or improved processes.
- Will relay to partner railroads Commissioner’s proposed Timetable changes and System Instructions.
- Will make sure Commissioner’s proposals are implemented with some supervision, if necessary.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Transportation, Train, Tourism, Bookkeeping & Marketing skills are a plus
- a person who is familiar with web-based tools, i.e. WordPress
- a person who is motivated to develop themselves using the above skills list.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Part-Time Pay: The more work experience and skills, the more pay, up to $50/hr
If you become a full-time associate, CTS offers Medical & Dental benefits:
- Healthcare package for full-time associates
- Dentalcare package for full-time associates
Posting Location(s): Work from CEO’s Home and Offices
Travel Requirements:Up to 100%
We want your work at CTS to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for CTS job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment reference checks, background verification, criminal record check, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. CTS is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping CTS safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), CTS is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for CTS to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Prefer someone with a college degree, however, if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that will qualify you for the job.
CTS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability (including blindness), or veteran status.
Qualified applicants will be notified of the exact time of their interview to determine their relative knowledge, skills and ability in job related areas.